CHICAGO, Aug. 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — According to Arizton’s latest research report, the European walk-behind mower market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 7% over the period 2022-2027. The cost of walk behind lawn mowers across Europe is one of the key growth drivers for the market. These lawnmowers are relatively cheaper than ride-on and robotic lawnmowers due to the use of low-end technology and less engine power. The majority of the European population belongs to the middle-income group with low purchasing power. Consequently, the demand for inexpensive mowers in this market is high. The penetration of walk behind lawn mowers is expected to increase in various European countries with a prominent middle-income group, which will impel the growth of the market over the forecast period.
The introduction of several cutting-edge lawnmowers with fuel-efficient technology and alternative fuels has reduced fuel burn, fuel spillage and fuel theft, which has helped promote sustainable lawnmowing practices. Several organizations are urging European governments to ban petrol-powered outdoor gardening tools, even though many have plans to phase out petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030. In order to reduce the use of petrol powered lawn mowers and the associated CO2 emissions, the European way behind lawn mowers market is expected to rely on the available alternative fuel options.
Scope of the Europe Walk-Behind Mowers Market Report
|MARKET SIZE (2027)||$4.32 billion|
|MARKET SIZE (2022)||$2.97 billion|
|CAGR (2021-2027)||About 7%|
|MARKET SIZE – VOLUME (2027)||Over 9 million units|
|MARKET SEGMENTS||Product, Fuel Type, End User, Propulsion Type, Launch Type, Blade Type, Distribution Channel|
|BIGGEST PART||United Kingdom|
|COUNTRIES COVERED||UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the Netherlands|
|KEY SELLER||Deere & Company, Honda, Husqvarna Group, Kubota Corporation, MTD Products, Robert Bosch, STIGA Group and The Toro Company|
Click here to download the free sample report
Increasing population of homeowners and home improvement projects
In Europe, most adults indulge in creative and purposeful leisure activities. Some consumers also invest in home improvement and maintenance activities based on their interests. Home improvement and renovation are major contributors to expanding lawns in different households. The European housing sector is increasingly witnessing renovation and refurbishment activities as these are considered to be cost effective. Therefore, home improvement projects are gaining momentum in various European countries, which is expected to expand the presence of lawns in the years to come.
In addition, the rise in home ownership has contributed to the expansion of green space in the residential sector, which is expected to boost demand for walk-behind lawn mowers. In addition, the market in Eastern and Central Europe was characterized by sluggish demand in the residential segment due to the low popularity of garden and lawn beautification among households.
impact of Development of lithium-ion batteries
Customers are increasingly demanding technology that takes less time to charge and lasts longer on a single charge. With sustainable practices integrated into landscapes across Europe, meaningful innovations in battery technology are expected to grow more than ever. Therefore, demand for lithium ion battery from lawn mower suppliers and customers is increasing significantly in the market.
Additionally, lithium-ion battery prices have fallen by around 97% since 1991 and are expected to continue to fall, supporting the demand for battery-powered walk behind lawn mowers in the market. The use of battery systems and battery technology will be a key factor influencing purchasing behavior in the future. The long-life battery has prompted suppliers to add Li-ion batteries to their product range. With the marketing limitation for NiCd cells and the lower penetration of NiMH cells, the growth of Li-ion battery technology is more likely to impact the growth and adoption of walk-behind lawn mowers.
- In 2021, Switzerland (in Basel-Stadt) will have a green roof area of more than 245,000 square meters. or 1 million sqm. In addition, Germany added over 7,217,000 m² in 2019. of green roofs and has seen promising growth in green buildings. Therefore, the above factors present a significant growth opportunity for the walk behind lawn mower suppliers.
- The residential sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.74% by volume from 2021 to 2027, dominating the European walk-behind lawn mower market. In 2022, investments in new residential construction are expected to increase in Spain (+5.4%), France (+15.0%) and Italy (+10.2%); Therefore, it is the main growth driver in the residential walk behind lawn mower market.
- The number of hotel construction projects in 2021 recorded a growth of 4 to 6% compared to the previous year. Therefore, such an expansion offers significant growth opportunities for the walk-behind lawn mowers in the European market.
- Great Britain is one of the most extensive golf courses in Europe with more than 2,200 golf courses. Therefore, it is expected that many golf courses will support the demand for walk behind lawnmowers.
- In November 2020, the federal government presented a detailed plan to focus on clean energy, emission minimization and environmental protection. Therefore, this is expected to present a significant growth opportunity for European manufacturers of walk behind lawnmowers.
- Tourism plays a crucial role in contributing to Europe’s economy. Investments to beautify and enhance parks and gardens in public, residential and commercial areas are expected to increase over the next four years. This trend is expected to have a positive impact on the European walk behind lawn mower market.
- Deer & Company
- Husqvarna Group
- Kubota Corporation
- MTD products
- Robert Bosch
- STIGA group
- Toro company
Other prominent providers
- AL-KO Garden Tech
- Ariens Company (AriensCo)
- AS engine
- Bobcat company
- Briggs & Stratton
- Chervon group
- Einhell Deutschland AG
- Emak group
- GENERAC ENERGY SYSTEMS
- Gray Technology (GTECH)
- Greenworks tools
- Metal Crafts by Mayville
- Ningbo NGP Industry Co.Ltd
- Positec Group (WORX)
- Stanley Black & Decker
- SUMEC Group Corp.
- Techtronic Industries
- Textron Inc.
- Wright manufacture
- Yangzhou Weibang Garden
- Cylinder or cylinder lawn mower
- Self-propelled lawn mowers
- push the lawn mower
- Levitating Lawn Mowers
- End users in private households
- Professional landscape maintenance
- Golf courses and other sports arenas
- government & others
- Manually driven
- petrol powered
- Propane powered
- Electrically wired
- Electrically cordless
- cylinder sheets
- Cover/Standard Sheets
- mulching blade
- lifting blades
- Manual drive
- AWD (All Wheel Drive)
- FWD (front wheel drive)
- RWD (rear wheel drive)
- No launch
- key start
- Press start
- Reversing start (Pull/Manual/Rewind Start)
- United Kingdom
Explore our gardening equipment market profile to learn more about the industry.
Click here to download the free sample report
Read some of the best selling reports:
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation- and quality-driven company that provides cutting-edge research solutions to clients around the world. We excel at providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
We provide comprehensive market research reports on industries such as Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive & Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals & Materials, IT & Media, Logistics & Packaging. These reports provide detailed industry analysis, market size, share, growth drivers, and trend forecast.
Arizton consists of a team of exuberant and experienced analysts who know how to produce concise reports. Our specialist analysts have exemplary market research skills. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques and ethics to excel in producing unassailable research reports.
Click here to contact us
+1 302 469 0707